Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My version of an Ikea living space

What do you look at when you go to Ikea? Well I gravitate towards the small living spaces they set up. I'm not talking about the 20 living rooms or kitchens, but the little enclosed spaces that look like tiny homes. It's kind of a treat to me since I design and build little structures every day, but rarely get to see them furnished.



So today I was in the Sacramento store looking at some kitchen cabinets for a project I'm designing and as I was headed to the kitchen department this little 240sq.ft. space caught my eye. As I walked through the space admiring the layout and making mental notes on what wasn't to code I thought "What would this look like if it was an actual building?"


So here it is! I added a couple windows to let more light in and take advantage of the view into my imaginary backyard. We could dress this little home 50 ways and still not exhaust our options, but for now here's two different looks. The first elevation is in the spirit of Ikea and has more of a Modern look to it. I kinda dig this look myself! The second is more of a traditional looking structure. In either case I think this would make a great little backyard home. Don't you?










Steve Vallejos
Valley Home Development

No comments:

Post a Comment